[Nottingham] Oh how I laughed

Joshua Lock incandescant at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 17:41:40 UTC 2012

On 2 December 2012 09:35, Jason Irwin <jasonirwin73 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2 December 2012 16:59, Joshua Lock <incandescant at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I almost thought you were serious until this point. Then I realised
>> you must be trolling because, of course, the alternate CD *was* just
>> happy button clicking too, or at least happy key pressing.
>
> I was being a bit OTT, but I quite liked the alternate CDs and used it in
> preference to the normal one.

As I understand it the netinstall/mini ISO will enable you to do the
same things the alternate installer did, so long as you have an
internet connection.

In seriousness, if the lack of an alternate installer is a genuine
regression for you then you should file a bug. My first response to
any rant aimed at me is "did you file a bug report".

>> Why? Why not just install Mint? Which (so far as a cursory glance
>> shows) is an Ubuntu re-spin with CInnamon on top.
>
> Same issue as Ubuntu.  No RAID support in the installer.  I have read around
> a fair bit today on resolving that (installing mdadm etc), but using the
> 12.04 alternate is in fact a much simpler solution.

Fair enough.

Joshua
--
Joshua Lock