[Nottingham] Oh how I laughed

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 17:32:16 UTC 2012

On 2 December 2012 16:59, Joshua Lock <incandescant at gmail.com> wrote:

> I almost thought you were serious until this point. Then I realised
> you must be trolling because, of course, the alternate CD *was* just
> happy button clicking too, or at least happy key pressing.

I was being a bit OTT, but I quite liked the alternate CDs and used it in
preference to the normal one.

> Why? Why not just install Mint? Which (so far as a cursory glance
> shows) is an Ubuntu re-spin with CInnamon on top.

Same issue as Ubuntu.  No RAID support in the installer.  I have read
around a fair bit today on resolving that (installing mdadm etc), but using
the 12.04 alternate is in fact a much simpler solution.
Also I prefer Ubuntu to some of the ways Mint does things, so that's why I
intend to drop Cinnamon on top once I'm happy Ubuntu is working.

Joshua "Feeding the trolls" Lock

Yer OK there.  There's cookie baking going on today as well and I'm already
stuffed from all the quality control.

J.