[Nottingham] A Google Webmaster Scam?

Andy White andy at milky.org.uk
Wed Dec 19 02:55:07 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 02:36:02AM +0000, Martin wrote:
> Folks,
>
> So we've had our website on Wordpress for a good while now and...
>
> After upgrading to the latest Wordpress 3.5, Google have dropped this
> bombshell and have insisted that I join the "Webmasters Tools" site to
> remove their blacklisting from the NLUG site...
>
> So... Is this for real?!

google's apparently objecting to references to http://ozecqnxm.qhigh.com.

Poking around in the js, you can see that there are src parameters
to http://ozecqnxm.qhigh.com/terafegwqegwg.cgi?5

which appears to be a 404, so I'm not sure what the original intent is/was.

This is made in events00.js, jquery00.js, jquery01.js, jquery02.js,
jquery-c.js, script00.js, tabs_sli.js

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=http://ozecqnxm.qhigh.com/terafegwqegwg.cgi?5&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest

also pops up some info.

Andy