[Nottingham] New Site

david at gbenet.com david at gbenet.com
Thu Jun 7 14:45:44 UTC 2012

On 07/06/12 14:49, David Aldred wrote:
> How picky do you want me to be?  :-)
>
> *Technical / layout:*
>
>    - *Heading structure*: the home page has no H3 (whereas others do), but
>    does have an H4.
>    - The *Free Software Foundation 'widget*' looks rather odd hanging below
>    the left hand side of the page there - to be honest it looks as though it
>    was meant to be somewhere else and the CSS went wrong!

Hello David,

The Free Software Foundation "widget" does look rather odd - it has yet to be tweaked!

>    - *Dropdown Menus* don't contain the main page of each category - so if
>    you're hovering over the menu bar, there's no visible link for 'The Basics,
>    Part 1' for example.  OK, you actually get there by clicking 'The Basics',
>    but that's making the user think about the UI (and the web UX design mantra
>    is 'don't make the user think' - you want them to think about your message,
>    not your layout).

I chose the theme because it had a right and a left column - its only been in place for a
week - categories are not that essential - but I am exploring the possibilities. WordPress
is something quite new to me :)

I will however take the rest of your comments on board :)

David