[Nottingham] dnsmasq ad-block exception

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 08:20:55 UTC 2012

I've got an instance of dnsmasq installed and acting as a DNS cache as
it seems one heckuva lot easier to set-up than bind9 for my simple needs.

I've got it doing an ad-blocking which works really well except for one
small problem, there is one specific instance of grapeshot which I want
to allow through as it is used by VirginMedia for their catch-up Player.

A simple answer would be just to yank the grapeshot.co.uk block entry
entirely and let the browser ad-blockers deal with it but if I could add
an exception in dnsmasq some how, that'd be preferable.  Something like...
#Allow virign, block the rest
address=/(!virgin.)grapeshot.co.uk/127.0.0.1

Anyone know if this would be possible?

--
Jason Irwin