[Nottingham] Choosing a Printer

Dylan Swift dylan.swift at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 11:04:28 UTC 2012

FWIW I bought an Epson Stylus SX610FW last year. All in one printer,
scanner, fax, etc with 4 separate cartridges. I had to download drivers
from the Epson web site for my laptop (Fedora 14), but the scanner works
beautifully (It has sheet feed too!).

I was surprised to learn that scan to pdf & scan to network did not mean
what I thought it did. I expected the printer to generate a pdf from a scan
and then mail it to me - as our old Lexmark does at work. Instead I need to
run the scanning program on my desktop and scan the documents in. Once
finished the scan is converted to pdf and saved locally.

Setup was straightforward and it has an Ethernet port. It also supports
wireless but you need to buy a dongle for that. It's quiet and quick and I
would definitely buy another if this one died.

HTH
Dylan

http://about.me/dylanswift
http://tungle.me/dylanswift