[Nottingham] Choosing a Printer

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Wed Mar 21 11:20:18 UTC 2012

On 21/03/12 11:04, Dylan Swift wrote:
> FWIW I bought an Epson Stylus SX610FW last year. All in one printer,
> scanner, fax, etc with 4 separate cartridges. I had to download
> drivers from the Epson web site for my laptop (Fedora 14), but the
> scanner works beautifully (It has sheet feed too!).

My sole consideration when buying my last printer is the cost of
upkeep.  There is an enormous difference in ink cost and cartridge
content.  I ended up with a Brother because at that time is was the
cheapest to run.  With many printers, a set of re-fill cartridges cost
more than the printer.  The only downside with the Brother is that the
drivers are a real pain to install.  I have now scripted the install
process for future use.

Regards,        Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/