[Nottingham] nonplussed (digital signing)

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 15:34:13 UTC 2012

On 21/03/12 15:18, Martin wrote:
> Well... That is for using "Certificates" from a Certificate Authority
> to do your signing
That's the only game in town for OOo/LOo it seems.

> Mmmm... I thought I'd just blundered through that one on an earlier
> thread!

I think we did, but it still does not "work in any sensible manner" as
far as I can tell.  Maybe I am confused or maybe I managed to mess the
install/keys up or something; which was why I was going to try and get
back to a clean-slate to try again.

But if installing "Enigmail" to Thunderbird so I can use "GnuPG" via
"OpenPGP" or ("S/MIME") validated through "pinentry" and managed by "Gnu
Privacy Assistant" is how things work - then it is no surprise to me
that so few people use it.

--
Jason Irwin