[Nottingham] the demise of gnome-3

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Wed May 2 21:08:47 UTC 2012

On 02/05/12 21:54, Martin Garton wrote:
> On a slightly related note, for any Ubuntu users who haven't upgraded
> to 12.04 and who are gnome 3 users, expect some issues if you upgrade.
> I'm still battling to get basic keyboard shortcuts working and it
> appears the ubuntu folks "WONTFIX" them. Unsurprisingly, Ubuntu seems
> to be fast becoming a Unity-only distro. Good luck to them.

Ubuntu is basically for non-geeks - Windows users are taking to it
amazingly well when some of us hold their hand.  There are a lot of
helpful keyboard shortcuts built in to Unity.  Press and hold the Super
(formerly known as windows) key to see them if you haven't found that
yet.  The Ubuntu folk are really overwhelmed  just now following the new
release.  Folk like me who have been using it for months are trying our
best to talk others through the differences.  The answer is
DONTHAVETIMETOFIX yet ....  Patience.  12.04 is the best thing since
sliced bread?  No, best thing since mousetraps.  It is not 'Unity
only'.  Unity is the default.  Other desktops can easily be installed,
and other releases of *buntu offer different desktops ....

Regards,        Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/