[Nottingham] Media Centre Linux distro?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed May 9 16:24:30 UTC 2012

On 09/05/12 09:26, Jason Irwin wrote:
> On 09/05/12 09:00, Michael Erskine wrote:
>> These particular laws are artificial constructs: just a way of
>> ensuring (enforcing) a revenue stream.
> That wasn't the original plan, it was to ensure the creator could earn a
> crust but now corporate machinations have taken over.  ...

... And who are artificially abusing the system in similar ways to how
the patents and copyright systems are being abused in general. All
willingly aided and abetted by the legal profession that is seeing huge
profits from the inevitable extremely long and turgid and desperate
arguments.

Unfortunately, the media bullies are enjoying very soft easy targets in
the artists and the public...

> You may wish to check out UK rapper "Dan Bull" to see what he thinks of
> the matter.  Rather funny.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZUSn7I-zNo

Very good and very true.

Now I need to get my thinking head on for how to present that to my MP
such that she actually deigns to take a look, or even to be enthused to
do something positive!

-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- martin @ ml1 co uk - Import from   hkp://subkeys.pgp.net   or
- ------------------ - http:// ml1 .co .uk/martin_ml1_co_uk.gpg