[Nottingham] Install-fest! (Was: key-signing - what next - by the way)

James Moore jmthelostpacket at googlemail.com
Thu May 10 21:40:43 UTC 2012

On 10/05/2012 21:18, Jason Irwin wrote:
> On 10/05/12 21:01, Martin wrote:
>> Quite an install-fest there!
> He's not the only one - I am currently having the great philosophical
> debate of "How shall I partition thee?"

well... I'm toying with the idea of having a *BSD (Net, possibly?)
virtual machine on here (dual core, 6GB RAM), just to check it out with
regard to the absolute minimum spec I can get away with and the
availability of software on it. Strike all that, I just want to have a
look at something I've never actually deployed. :)

I've got a Linux (OpenSuSE 11.4), OSX86, OS/2 Warp (Workstation) 4, and
XP all fully deployed and working as well as can be expected of a
virtual appliance. I've been agonising over *BSD for yonks now.