[Nottingham] How to partition a server for general home use?

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Thu May 10 21:54:36 UTC 2012

On 10/05/12 22:44, Martin wrote:
> Unless you're clever and have the BIOS or EFI set to boot off either HDD
> *and* you have multiple stanzas in Grub2 to boot off either /dev/sda or
> /dev/sdb...
GRUB does poetry now? o_0

Distro: Ubuntu 12.04 Server (no real reason, just the latest version of
what I'm used to)

Right then, USB for boot (although a 16GB boot USB is a bit extravagant,
sure I have a smaller one lying around), RAID HDDs and drop LVM on and
do my usual

Grand.  Ignore my other email, that was based on ye olde docs which were
all I could find.

Thanks!

--
Jason Irwin