[Nottingham] changed distro, no printer

Godfrey Nix godfrey at gnnix.co.uk
Sat May 12 21:39:44 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have not been on the list for some time, but now I have a bit of a problem.
What with health issues in the family I cannot afford to retire so have been
very busy with paid work, caring for relatives and assisting charities.

Anyway, work is making a move to adopt openSUSE so after careful planning to
handle websites, email and databases I made the move on my laptop this week.
All has gone really well - apart from one thing. My Epson D92 printer will not
work.

I have checked the driver I used previously (for a D68 as that is the closest
I could find) and installed that, but no test page printed. Then I went to
gutenprint site and downloaded gutenprint-5.2.7-1lsb3.2 and installed that but
still I cannot get the printer to produce a page of output.

Anyone offer advice? I am a tad low on money so do not want to have to cough
up for another printer if I can get this working, especially as I just bought
a pack of inks for the D92.

Regards,
Godfrey