[Nottingham] Roll up, roll up, for what's next at NLUG...

david at gbenet.com david at gbenet.com
Thu May 17 20:40:55 UTC 2012

On 17/05/12 21:08, Martin wrote:
> On 17/05/12 20:54, david at gbenet.com wrote:
>> On 17/05/12 20:38, Martin wrote:
>>> Folks,

>>> following tentative list of events:
>
> [---]
>>> Oct:
>
>>> Talk:	Dave: Key signing demo & mini-cluster; TBA: Linux
>>> demo/goodies
> [---]
>
>> I much prefer "David" than "Dave"
>
>> David :)
>
> Hey David... I thought that was good going for me just to remember
> /that much/ from last night! No worries :-)
>
> Or is it "Postmaster"?... ;-)
>
> Also a very warm welcome to Caroline (hope I'm not dreaming up
> names!). Hope she's suitably enthused with the Linux world :-)
>

> Cheers,
> Martin

Ha!

I use my postmaster at gbenet.com - for official e-mails when dealing with corporate bodies. I
have got e-mail accounts as skipper and my boat's name - which sadly I've lost!

As for Caroline - its Carolyn - and am thinking of giving her a Linux LUbuntu laptop! Just
to make her happy. Yes she enjoyed her night out - she was quite flattered by all the
attention -and the guy that asked if she was Jackie!!!

She thought that TJ was a little hard done by - the distribution of costs was a little
unfair as he did not eat or drink as much as anyone else.I think she thinks we are a little
geeky - I've abandoned opensuse and gone back to Linux Mint - LXDE 32 bit mode but I have
all the programmes needed. Though I will have to install GPA meself :(

Also as fedora-16 is very flackey much like Fedora-16 64 bit am going to stick LUbubntu on
all the laptops - that way for the demo everyone gets a common interface.

I  am going to copy all the crypto pdfs I've got to my web site - that way people can just
download what they want.

I'm going to eat a large plate of muscles - some bread then coffee and then go ftp!!

David

- --
“See the sanity of the man! No gods, no angels, no demons, no body. Nothing of the
kind.Stern, sane,every brain-cell perfect and complete even at the moment of death. No
delusion.” https://linuxcounter.net/user/512854.html