[Nottingham] Running Ubuntu at Nottingham Uni

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Tue May 22 11:01:24 UTC 2012

On 22/05/12 10:19, Jason Irwin wrote:
> 12.04 is the "Long Term Support" version, and whether or not you want
> to do an in-place upgrade or nuke+pave is up to yourself really. I'm
> on 10.10 just now and planning on a nuke+pave approach.

Having spent a lot of time since release date giving support on Ubuntu
questions, I would say definitely avoid the upgrade route.  If you are
very lucky, it might work OK.  12.04 is very definitely a really good
release.  I'm currently running it on a desktop and a netbook, and am
dual booting the desktop with 12.10 testing.

Regards,        Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/