[Nottingham] Running Ubuntu at Nottingham Uni

Dan Caseley dan at caseley.me.uk
Thu May 24 15:55:23 UTC 2012

I don't see the problem with an organisation like that saying "We know
Windows, but we'll make best efforts on absolutely anyone who goes for
Bring Your Own Device. No promises, but at least our nerds can Google for
you".

Maybe not those precise words. But you see the intention. They don't need
to employ experts of every discipline, they just need someone with a bit of
techno knowhow who is more likely to know the correct search engine
incantation to get him/herself a possible answer. It really doesn't need to
be costly or regimented.