[Nottingham] For info Fedora 17 out today

Camilo Mesias camilo at mesias.co.uk
Tue May 29 18:07:29 UTC 2012

Hi,

ignoring the usual trollish wibble, just thought I'd mention I've been
running F17 for a few days now, effectively. I used preupgrade to take
my F16 installed laptop to "Beefy Miracle" and it just worked. No slow
DVD iso downloads, just a heap of packages to grab, a reboot and an
install process.

I don't think there are any contentious changes in this release. I
hear there's a gnome shell extension manager on the way.

It's still open source but the bar to participation is constantly
being raised, inevitably, as the quality and sophistication of the
software increases. That's just common sense.

-Cam
(happy F17 user)