[Nottingham] [Talk] (Video) *TODAY* Wednesday 05/09/2012: Through Virtual Worlds

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 11:08:44 UTC 2012

On 05/09/12 00:53, Martin wrote:
> Be ready to be wowed and surprised...
Thanks for the talk Martin.  Who were the neon dance troupe at the
start?  I really liked that.

A few links I thought folks might appreciate.

This is what happens when your virtual world is a wrong 'un:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_EqZ82_TPM
Skate 3 considers Newtonian physcis (and some aspects of general
relativity) merely advisory.
Gotta be seen - it's hilarious.

And two new virtual worlds have landed.

Diaspora: Shattered Armistice, based on the Battlestar Galactica re-boot
(before it went crap)
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=81859.0
As yet there are no distro packages I know of, so it takes a wee bitty
of dependency installing and compiling.  The guide is pretty good and
has instructions for the major distros.

And BananaBread, a FPS ego shooter using the Cube2 engine where they
compiled the C++ down to JavaScript.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/demos/detail/bananabread
Now think about that.  C++ compiled down to JS so it can run in a
browser.  Yowzah.

And finally, a big-up to the Clifton massive who drunkenly gatecrashed
in rather amusing manner.

--
Jason Irwin