[Nottingham] Dixons/PC World response .....

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Tue Apr 30 19:36:33 UTC 2013

On 30/04/13 18:07, david at gbenet.com wrote:
> In so far as PC World in Nottingham there is zero recognition of Linux
> as an operating system. There whole product line is geared to whatever
> Microsoft says is the new operating system. They will not sell you a
> laptop or desktop computer without a Microsoft operating system and
> will only sell with the latest one. PC World are not really a computer
> store but rather an outlet devoted to the retail of Microsoft. Dixons
> Currys are the same. They have no interest whatsoever. If you buy a
> printer and it fails to support your Linux - well that's no good
> reason to take it back. You will not be able to to give it back. David

I've attached the first reply I received - before receiving a
conflicting one that led to the last exchange.  Feel free to print it
out and see the manager for his reaction.  By now, he should have
received a directive and if he hasn't, I'll certainly go on complaining,
as I hope, will you!  Not sure if the list server allows attachments, so
I'm sending off-list as well as on the list.

Kind regards,        Barry.