[Nottingham] *** TODAY *** [Talk] Out at the Inn - Open night at the Falcon Inn, 5th December 2013 1930 onwards

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 19:52:22 UTC 2013

At the last talk I gave a quick demo of "KDE Connect", how it shows phone
notifications (SMS, battery etc), shares clipboard and does a bunch of
other crazy things. This is a well and good, but what if don't use KDE?

A new project has just de-cloaked which might be on interest, "LinConnect".
It's should be considered "Extreme-alpha, explosively unstable" but it does
look good and it's great to see some competition appearing. Just geared to
pushing notifications at the moment, but who knows what the future holds.

https://github.com/hauckwill/linconnect-server

If my desktop gains a "Where the ****in **** is my ****ing this time?" from
either of these projects, I'll be a happy camper.