[Nottingham] A note to gmail users (and others)

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Dec 11 12:19:20 UTC 2013

Folks,

This mirrors some of the unfortunate silliness I've been seeing recently
for various emails...

Note that some ISPs use gmail for their email regardless of whether you
might know or not...

LWN: A note to gmail users
http://lwn.net/Articles/576335/

"Google has, in its wisdom, decreed that email coming from lwn.net is
spam and is no longer delivering it to gmail users. In typical fashion,
there is no way to appeal such a ruling..."

There's some good discussion in the comments but in essence, my reading
is that if you fall foul of such anti-spam measures, then there is
nothing you can usefully do as an individual other than reinvent
yourself, or wait and pray to whatever deity...

... And unfortunately our very own maillist sees similar problems for
some users on certain some ISPs... :-(

-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- martin @ ml1 co uk - Import from   hkp://subkeys.pgp.net   or
- ------------------ - http:// ml1 .co .uk/martin_ml1_co_uk.gpg