[Nottingham] CORTEX M4 programming?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Feb 7 18:22:59 UTC 2013

On 07/02/13 16:50, Roger Light wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
>> Anyone played with and programmed one of these little gems:
>>

>> STMICROELECTRONICS - STM32F3DISCOVERY - EVAL, STM32F3, CORTEX M4, DISCOVERY
>> http://uk.farnell.com/stmicroelectronics/stm32f3discovery/eval-stm32f3-cortex-m4-discovery/dp/2215108
>
> Yes, I've got one. I've not done much with it yet because it's a bit

Mmmm...

> of a faff to program (aside from lack of time of course!). The licence

As in having to program via JTAG or serial bootload?...

This suggests the "Discovery" boards have the mechanisms onboard so
should be no worse than for the Arduino:

http://linuxencaja.net/wiki/STM32_Development

http://www.triplespark.net/elec/pdev/arm/stm32.html

> on the libraries that ST supply is very restrictive as well.
> libopencm3 is helping to get around that problem, but support for the
> F3 is still in its infancy.

Usable enough for doing data collection?

I looked it up firstly as a I2C -> RS232 serial converter. However, it
looks resplendent enough to do lots more...

Or... :-> Evil grin... :-)

-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- martin @ ml1 co uk - Import from   hkp://subkeys.pgp.net   or
- ------------------ - http:// ml1 .co .uk/martin_ml1_co_uk.gpg