[Nottingham] CORTEX M4 programming?

Roger Light roger at atchoo.org
Thu Feb 7 19:56:34 UTC 2013

On Feb 7, 2013 6:23 PM, "Martin" <martin at ml1.co.uk> wrote:

> On 07/02/13 16:50, Roger Light wrote:

> > of a faff to program (aside from lack of time of course!). The licence
>
> As in having to program via JTAG or serial bootload?...

No, getting a usable toolchain working out of the options, when gcc isn't
supported by the provided demos for example. Once you have a .hex file it's
easy to get it on the device.

> > on the libraries that ST supply is very restrictive as well.
> > libopencm3 is helping to get around that problem, but support for the
> > F3 is still in its infancy.
>
> Usable enough for doing data collection?

I'm not sure, there is a supported features page somewhere, but its
probably out of date and I can't be bothered to look right now as I'm only
on my phone...

Cheers,

Roger