[Nottingham] Firefox problem

Ron Wilton ron_w_add at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 25 21:02:52 UTC 2013

Hello Andy and James

Andy

I get the following from your suggestions:

ron at ron-desktop:~$ cat/proc/$(pgrep
firefox)/cmdline
bash: cat/proc/1945/cmdline: No such
file or directory

ron at ron-desktop:~$ cat /proc/$(pgrep
firefox)/maps  |grep flash
ron at ron-desktop:~$

ron at ron-desktop:~$ uname -i
i386

about:plugins
Shockwave Flash
File: /usr/lib/flashplugin-installer/libflashplayer.so
Version:
Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
MIME Type
Description
Suffixes
application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash swf
application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player spl

ron at ron-desktop:~$ dpkg
--get-selections |grep flash
flashplugin-installer				install
James

Also, I have a 32-bit AMD Athlon XP 3000+ CPU.

Have also tried the 'Ubuntu restricted extras' from the Ubuntu Software Centre, with no joy.

Seem to be running out of ideas, but I've still yet to try the WINE idea, though.

Thanks

Ron