[Nottingham] Berners-Lee said “Go for it” (internet)

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 21:03:05 UTC 2013

On 29/01/13 19:57, Martin wrote:
> What of Google, advertising trackers, and such as various 'credit
> rating' companies?...
Ghostery, NoScript, AdBlock, FlashGot, TrackMeNot etc.  As pervasive as
Google et al are, they do not (yet) control the fibre and it is still
possible to largely escape their gaze (I do recognise the irony seeing
as who provides me with a mail service).
The state does, however, control the fibre and unless you are running
crypto from client to destination they can see what they want.  One
could use a VPN, but that just swaps one set of spooks to another.

> #####
> ... Berners-Lee said “it is your duty as a geek to innovate.” ...
> #####
> Indeed, Go For It! :-)
If I was smart enough I might understand this thing called the "DarkNet".
Then there's "BitCoin".
And Tor.

--
Jason Irwin