[Nottingham] Introduction

James Green jkg at earth.li
Thu Jul 4 18:49:55 UTC 2013

Hi all

I just wanted to (re-)introduce[1] myself to the list, and the group. So,
er... hi, everybody!

Sadly I can't make the talk tonight -- I have a commitment Thursdays, I run
a pub quiz over in sunny Ilkeston. That said, I have a stand-in available,
so in the future maybe I can get it covered and get along to an event.

I'm not going to let that stop me taking the opportunity to briefly plug
another group though :-) The Nottingham Perl Mongers group appears to have
been defunct for some time.... I'm just going through the last few details
with the Perl Foundation folks, but it's now semi-officially reactivated --
we've our first social event in the Canalhouse, on July 25th, and should
have a website and mailing list as soon as all the official i's are dotted
and t's are crossed. I promise here and now, our events will never
knowingly clash with the LUG events -- although, I wouldn't rule out joint
ones!

I'll let you get back to business as usual and just sit here in the corner
:)

Cheers all,

James
Twitter.com/jkg | Twitter.com/nottinghamperl

[1] It's been a long, long time since at made it to an NLUG event...
2004/2005, at a guess?