[Nottingham] Introduction (Nottingham Perl Mongers)

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Jul 8 11:37:07 UTC 2013

James,

Good to hear from you and yep... We're still around :-)

On 04/07/13 19:49, James Green wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I just wanted to (re-)introduce[1] myself to the list, and the group.
> So, er... hi, everybody!
>
> Sadly I can't make the talk tonight -- I have a commitment Thursdays, I
> run a pub quiz over in sunny Ilkeston. That said, I have a stand-in
> available, so in the future maybe I can get it covered and get along to
> an event.

Erk... We've just switched to Thursdays to fit in better for the main
conspirators. Also for a better chance of food and a bus home for
wherever we meet up!

> I'm not going to let that stop me taking the opportunity to briefly plug
> another group though :-) The Nottingham Perl Mongers group appears to
> have been defunct for some time.... I'm just going through the last few
> details with the Perl Foundation folks, but it's now semi-officially
> reactivated -- we've our first social event in the Canalhouse, on July
> 25th, and should have a website and mailing list as soon as all the
> official i's are dotted and t's are crossed. I promise here and now, our
> events will never knowingly clash with the LUG events -- although, I
> wouldn't rule out joint ones!

It'll be good to see that going again since the main monger moved on to
promote new interests.

Your group will be very welcome to join up with our socials or to share
talks, especially for being nearby...

Good luck,

-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- martin @ ml1 co uk - Import from   hkp://subkeys.pgp.net   or
- ------------------ - http:// ml1 .co .uk/martin_ml1_co_uk.gpg