[Nottingham] KDE weirdness

stripes theotoky stripes.theotoky at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 31 01:23:57 UTC 2013

Thanks to

Anil Kiral

for sending me the file permissions.

I have no idea how /var got that screwed up but they are fixed thanks to
you.

Thanks to everyone else also for their suggestions

This has now allowed me to find and fix the other problem which turned out
to be googleearth

ldd `which kde4-config` | grep Qt

libQtCore.so.4 => /opt/google/earth/free/libQtCore.so.4 (0x07cfa000)
libQtDBus.so.4 => /usr/lib/libQtDBus.so.4 (0x00634000)
libQtNetwork.so.4 => /opt/google/earth/free/libQtNetwork.so.4 (0x0053a000)
libQtXml.so.4 => /usr/lib/libQtXml.so.4 (0x004ac000)

As a quick and dirty fix I have just renamed the directory free to freexxx.
Googleearth doesn't run but everything else seems fine.

Stripes