[Nottingham] Brand new here...

BARRY WALKER wisecracker at tesco.net
Tue Jun 18 06:42:21 UTC 2013

Hi Martin...

(Apologies for any typos.)

> And I still have an old Creed tty machine... Originally intended for
> Amtor, but then technology whizzes onwards very quickly!

Amtor, cool. My main amateur hobby was SSTV.
I used to do it mobile, (yep mobile), on HF. Anyhow we deviate from *NIX...

> I think you'll find quite a mix of distro lovers here. My main mix is
> (in no particular order) Gentoo, Mandriva, Mageia, various *ubuntu,
> Raspbian on a RasPi or two, and various look-see at a multitude of other
> distros.

Cool, I need some testers. ;oD
I love banging the metal and doing things for kids to understand...

You might be interested in this baby of mine below, it is a long thread but I am sure you will find
it interesting, <WINK>...

Just finishing off some extremely simple HW for it and also the last two trigger events.
Then it gets hard - see below...

http://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/212939-start-simple-audio-scope-shell-script.html

Working out how to get DC amplitude and DC polarity into a Macbook Pro 13" with a _single_ Mic input
only. It is also for any *NIX with either /dev/dsp or sox installed. Demo mode requires NO HW...

I do have on idea and I have some simple test HW that seems to work but it is SSLLOOWW ATM.

Shell scripting with a difference and been given 5 stars... ;o)

> Questions/comments welcomed. Hope to see you round. Next social is a
> long way step back in time this Thursday in Nottingham...

There may be some scripting problems but none so far...

BTW, I do have Arduino and Raspberry Pi but not used my Pi yet in months of owning it...

--
73...

Bazza, G0LCU...

Team AMIGA...