[Nottingham] Poll: While we're on the subject of ancient gear...

James Moore jmthelostpacket at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 21 05:46:32 UTC 2013

On 19/06/2013 14:46, Martin wrote:

> Can an AMIGA run Linux?!

Certainly can. There's a community Debian build somewhere for
Amiga/m68k, there're also ports of YellowDog (originally built for PPC
Macs) and Lunix & Minix (OK not strictly GNU/Linux but close enough),
and I think the *BSD ports are still ongoing developments. Commodore did
release the Amiga Mini some while ago which used the old m68k
architecture and shipped with a custom Debian desktop. I've seen it
about in my college days, but not recently and I don't have links...