[Nottingham] [Social] *TODAY* Thursday 07/08/2014: A Crossing a Las Iguanas

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Aug 7 12:19:23 UTC 2014

Folks,

*TODAY Thursday 07/08/2014 7:30pm*

*A Crossing a Las Iguanas*
http://nottingham.lug.org.uk/event/a-crossing-a-las-iguanas

A new combination of an old permutation to enjoy some food and
discussion all al-fresco!

:-P

> Myself, I've a few stories to tell for what not to do with "badblocks",
> various mdraid fun, btrfs does seem to be nicely coming into its own,
> easy grub2 and a flurry of installs... Unreal IT politics! And...
>
> There are those who have never lost data. Separately, there are those
> who do backups.
>
> There is also the old IT story about how "Jesus saves"... ;-)
>

> And, more generally topically:
>
> Android Fake ID bug exposes smartphones and tablets
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-28544443
>
> (Bionic/Linux corrupted by Marketing pressure?...)
>

> Russia gang hacks 1.2 billion usernames and passwords
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-28654613
>
> The Rosetta probe arrives at distant comet
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-28659783
>

> ... And then there is a whole different world of GNU/Linux and FLOSS!
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_and_open_source_software#FLOSS
>
> All free from 'modern day' intrusive 'Marketing'?

And no doubt lots else to be chewed over good company and food and beer.

:-)

All welcome,

Just look out for the Linux geekie stuff!

-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- martin @ ml1 co uk - Import from   hkp://subkeys.pgp.net   or
- ------------------ - http:// ml1 .co .uk/martin_ml1_co_uk.gpg