[Nottingham] BartPE disc

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Dec 31 16:23:11 UTC 2014

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 09:28:38AM +0000, Jason Irwin wrote:
> Anyone got a known-working copying of BartPE on CD or ISO?
>
> I've tried two now and they both appear to be gubbed in one way or
> another (one seems to have missing files, the other goes BSoD).
> Could of course be this Dell hardware, it's often less than helpful.
>
> I want to run some firmware updates and before I start ripping the
> hardware out to patch it temporarily into a Windows box, I thought I'd
> try the non-invasive approach.

If of any help, I've still got one or two WinXP installation disks,
resplendant with Microsoft certificates. (All from back in the days
before the Microsoft viruses/malware became silly and about the time
that the Linux desktops won me over... Was /that/ the year of the Linux
desktop? ;-) )

You're welcome to one of them if recovery mode can help you out... Can't
remember if they support USB or not so you might need a second CD drive!

Or is your hardware going to be far too recent for such old MS disks to
be able to support?

Is there any recovery/boot or update-firmware-direct-from-memorystick
options from the Dell site? I'm sure all my current motherboards can
update the BIOS direct from a USB memory stick...

Good luck,