[Nottingham] Website (Thursday 16/01/2014: A Cross to Laguna)

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Jan 15 19:43:29 UTC 2014

[---]

>     Trying:
>
>     http://wave.webaim.org/report#/nottingham.lug.org.uk
>
>     lists various unsurprising complaints about the structure for the first
>     page of our site. No complaints about contrast?
>

> I've just tried the same thing and it flagged 12 contrast errors, but
> strangely not the links on green on the right.  However if I use the

Mmmmm... To be looked at again... Sometime! :-/

>     > There's a fairly flexible Wordpress responsive theme called (logically
>     > enough) Responsive <http://wordpress.org/themes/responsive>, which
>     could
>     > be a place to start!   I don't know what calendar control/plugin
>     you're
>     > using, though.
>     >
>     > In fact, if you go
>     > to http://wordpress.org/themes/search.php?q=responsive you'll be
>     > presented with a whole list of themes containing the word 'responsive'
>     > in their descriptions - there musty be something suitable there!
>
>     OK, so that's new and good.
>
>     We're using "Modern Tribe" for the calendar, being as they were one of
>     the first to put together a good calender app from long ago.
>

> The post
> at https://tri.be/faqs/can-the-calendar-dynamically-fit-the-width-of-a-page/ suggests
> that the modern tribe calendar is responsive-ish!

To be experimented with... (Hints/examples welcomed anyone ;-) )

Thanks for taking a look. I've added your checker link onto:

http://nottingham.lug.org.uk/links#Website_utilities_and_examples

And it is beer and nosh tomorrow! :-)

-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- martin @ ml1 co uk - Import from   hkp://subkeys.pgp.net   or
- ------------------ - http:// ml1 .co .uk/martin_ml1_co_uk.gpg