[Nottingham] Linux on HP Pavilion Touchsmart 11 -e102sa

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Mon Jul 21 17:03:27 UTC 2014

On 21/07/14 17:47, stripes theotoky wrote:
> have been happily using a Sammy N150NPlus with Ubuntu for the past 3
> years but it is getting a bit old and tired.  I like the small size
> for travelling and am not happy with tablets.  Have been looking at
> the HP Pavilion touchsmart 11-e102sa with an AMD A6, 4GB memory and
> 500GB HDD.  Has anybody been using this with any distro? Any pros or cons?

I'm in exactly the same situation.  HP have been working with e-buyer
and now supply a 15" Ubuntu Laptop.  It is possible that they would
consider doing the same with the Touchsmart if enough of us ask.  I've
asked the question of e-buyer.  I'll see what they say, and probably ask
HP as well.  I do like tablets, and would welcome one with Ubuntu
Unity.  BTW, my old Sammy is a lot better now I've put Lubuntu 14.04 on
it.  Still slow, but quite usable.

Regards,        Barry Drake.