[Nottingham] Linux on HP Pavilion Touchsmart 11 -e102sa

stripes theotoky stripes.theotoky at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 23 09:00:37 UTC 2014

On 22 July 2014 03:03, Barry Drake <ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com> wrote:
> On 21/07/14 17:47, stripes theotoky wrote:
>>
>> have been happily using a Sammy N150NPlus with Ubuntu for the past 3 years
>> but it is getting a bit old and tired.  I like the small size for travelling
>> and am not happy with tablets.  Have been looking at the HP Pavilion
>> touchsmart 11-e102sa with an AMD A6, 4GB memory and 500GB HDD.  Has anybody
>> been using this with any distro? Any pros or cons?
>

> I'm in exactly the same situation.  HP have been working with e-buyer and
> now supply a 15" Ubuntu Laptop.  It is possible that they would consider
> doing the same with the Touchsmart if enough of us ask.  I've asked the
> question of e-buyer.  I'll see what they say, and probably ask HP as well.

that would be very helpful.  Though e-buyer are selling the said
laptop with the old chip (AMD A4) and a 8GB memory with Windoze 8, but
at a much higher price than HP online shop which sells the laptop with
AMD A6 and 4 GB memory.

> I do like tablets, and would welcome one with Ubuntu Unity.  BTW, my old
> Sammy is a lot better now I've put Lubuntu 14.04 on it.  Still slow, but
> quite usable.

May try this.  There are just a few things that I need to do on a
laptop: word processing with Latex, computation with Mathematica plus
e-mail and internet access.  Hence I need the keyboard.

best