[Nottingham] Anyone tried/using: "Cloud" NAS boxes...

Rory Holland me at rory.sh
Mon Jul 28 10:29:16 UTC 2014

I'd be tempted to roll my own in this situation, using cheap x86 hardware
rather than custom ARM stuff that's built into these ready-built devices.
It's probably technically possible to install your own stuff on these, but
you'll be very limited by the hardware.

Buy a cheap tiny PC case, a tiny motherboard to put in it, and a couple of
tiny (but spacious) hard drives.

Then you can install your Linux flavour of choice and tuck the box away in
a corner.

Rory Holland <me at rory.sh>
More contact info: http://rory.sh