[Nottingham] Raspberry PI

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Mar 17 18:41:26 UTC 2014

Stu,

> Just wondered if you where doing any events with these little gems?

Welcome to the group!

There's certainly some of us that have played with the Pi. A certain one
person now has literally hundreds of the things!!!... :-O (Not me :-P )

I guess we've moved on to just simply /using/ them now. For example, I
have one as a portable silent media centre (XBMC). I also have others
that get tasked for various random projects...

So... The RaspberryPi is now easy enough and has enough support that it
is more a part of our general discussions.

We have a RaspberryPi website subject which is open to all and any
additions:
http://nottingham.lug.org.uk/category/subjects/raspberrypi

(Any articles welcomed ;-) )

And then there is the local Hackspace doing their stuff including good
crossover with what we do.

Our next meet is this Thursday. We'll be discussing what to include for
our talks this year so you're more than welcome to add some ideas.

A RasPi summary and fun is a good idea for one option...

Hope to see you along,

-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- martin @ ml1 co uk - Import from   hkp://subkeys.pgp.net   or
- ------------------ - http:// ml1 .co .uk/martin_ml1_co_uk.gpg