[Nottingham] Audio cassette conversion to digital

Brian Pickford brian at brianpickford.co.uk
Wed Nov 19 16:43:18 UTC 2014

You might try alsamixer
Just open a console and type alsamixer then press enter

As you are not specific about the distribution you are using, this is a
good 1st guess.

You might see the device listed and be able to mute / unmute it with the m
key. You might have to select the device, the keys to do this should be
listed but from memory, it's f6.

If it's something more complex, following the suggestion of Dennis is a
'sound' idea, I've had lots of trouble with USB sound devices in the past,
generally not being very tolerant.

Cheers, Brian