[Nottingham] I'd like to give a talk about free software on the 27th!

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Oct 13 11:27:47 UTC 2014

Matt,

On 13/10/14 10:39, Jason Irwin wrote:
> On 13/10/14 03:04, Matt Lee wrote:
>> Hi, I'm Matt Lee from Creative Commons and the GNU Project. In 2008, I
>> left Manchester rather quickly to go to the USA and work on free
>> software stuff at the FSF. Maybe you saw my short film I made with
>> Stephen Fry... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dcxtEKShXA or
>> https://gnu.org/fry

Don't worry, you're well known! At least around our circles!! ;-)

You're very welcome to meet and to give a talk. I'm sure we can arrange.

> Hi Matt!
>
> The Nottingham G/LUG generally meets at the Falcon at Canning Circus.
> They have an upstairs area that could be used for a talk/presentation.
> Fellows Morton and Clayton on Main Marion Way also have an area for talks.
>
> How many people do you normally get to one of your talks? Might help
> narrow down which venue is best.

Hopefully, our Canning Circus room will be too small :-P

And I'm sure we have a good welcome also from the Hackspace people and
the Skeptics folks :-)

So.. Mon 27th Oct:

That's a bit of a choice between the central convenience and easy
parking/transport of the Canalhouse compared to the more FLOSS-like
'ambience' of the Hackspace although further out of town.

Also, the Canalhouse has food and beer and heating available.

Matt:

You on for doing TWO talks?! ;-)

We've got 14 days and counting.

Will be very good to involve all of our groups. Can we go for a combined
NLUG - Hackspace - Skeptics hosted talk at the Canalhouse big room?

Hopefully entice some to come from further afield by train and bus.

Mon 27th Oct: "Free Software and The GNU Project"

Possible follow-up talk at the Hackspace Wed open evening?

"Free Culture"

...???

(Skeptics) Andy?
(Hackspace) Dominic/Denny?

And any University people on the list to spread the word?...

-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- martin @ ml1 co uk - Import from   hkp://subkeys.pgp.net   or
- ------------------ - http:// ml1 .co .uk/martin_ml1_co_uk.gpg