[Nottingham] help Needed Urgently

abhishek jain abhishek.netjain at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 17:04:16 UTC 2014

Hello David,

Do you have a ftp server installed? First you need to make sure you have one. After installing it for most of the ftp servers the linux user is the ftp user. So essentially creating a linux user by useradd command must solve. However for some configurations of ftp server the ftp user are virtually created and stored in a database.

To be short

1.       Install ftp server

2.       Configure it to use ftp user = linux user (default for most)

3.       Create a linux user by command useradd.

Let me know if you need help in checking if FTP server is installed! I can point to some tutorials.

PS: i don’t prefer cpanel but webmin with virtualmin as the control panel .

Thanks

AJ