[Nottingham] O/T: Data Collection at NET

Dan Caseley dan at caseley.me.uk
Fri Jan 9 13:45:21 UTC 2015

Thanks David. It certainly isn't the electoral register. I'm not on the
open register, and have voted since I lived at this address. Surely with
such accessible info, the "reasonable" charge of the DPA kicks in? And
you're absolutely right about DBS - I'm totally out of date!

Thanks Mike also - Land Registry is a good shout, but again, surely it'd be
up to date? There appeared to be a moment where I could choose to walk
rather than pay the fine, but as I wasn't certain, I didn't fancy my 3-on-1
chances. These guys hunt in packs, it seems!

Thanks to Martin too - I considered jogging, but it's 19 miles from
Sherwood to Pride Park, and my fitness just isn't there. You make a good
point about the Nottingham Oyster - it's possible they're using the
citycard / kangaroo database.

Is there anyone I should be complaining to about shoddy data capture
practices?

Dan