[Nottingham] Really really retro ....

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Tue Jun 30 19:57:50 UTC 2015

On 30/06/15 17:11, Paul Sladen wrote:

> I would encourage being extremely careful with the reels, given their
> age, they are probably prone to snapping and going to require splicing
> afterwards, secondly there's a reasonable chance the magnetic medium
> may detach from the substrate on reading.

Thanks Paul.  The tape in question is on a Mylar base, and has been kept
in a safe in my house, so temp and humidity have never been extreme.  I
have some old unimportant tapes of the same vintage.  These are still
flexible, and don't break apart easily, so here's hoping!  I was aware
of the need for care, though.  I've had much younger PVC tapes that
became so brittle it would be very hard to play them.

Regards,		Barry.

--
http://barrydrake.co.nr/