[Nottingham] Problem installing Linux on Acer Aspire E15

Godfrey Nix godfrey at gnnix.co.uk
Fri Mar 13 13:35:18 UTC 2015

OK, so I have taken the plunge and selected the install option "wipe entire
disk and reformat".

Woo, hoo!! I have Ubuntu  14.04 LTS  running.

Hmm, only one thing left now. When I select shutdown, Linux stops (last screen
message is 'machine halted') but obviously being able to still see that
message 5 minutes later means that the hardware is still powered on. I then
have to press power button to turn off the power.

Still, daughter really likes the look of Ubuntu and thinks it is much better
than Windows 8. (Not to detract from Ubuntu, but anything is better than
Windows 8!)

Godfrey