[Nottingham] How does hplip get started?

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Tue May 12 21:42:45 UTC 2015

You sir, are a genius. I thought all the non-desktop autostart muck was
managed by SysV/systemd and was convinced it had to be lurking under "/home"
"locate autostart | grep hp-sys" yielded
"/etc/xdg/autostart/hp-systray.desktop" as the culprit, slipped a wee
"sleep 15 &&" into the exec line and all was good.

Question is, if "/etc/xdg/autostart" is a thing; why does KDE add yet
another one? So now my desktop autostart applications are recorded in two
(actually, three) completely separate locations. Sigh.

Oh well, it works now. If you are about a week on Thursday, I think I owe
you a beer.

J.