[Nottingham] Plain text passwords?

Richard Parsons rp at redwoodlegal.co.uk
Sun Nov 1 19:51:37 UTC 2015

Hi Rory

If I recall correctly, Mailman does warn you that your password will be
sent to you in plaintext at the time you choose it. I suppose that the
logic is that anyone who can already your email can change your password
anyway.

It seems like the sort of thing that would have a Mailman FAQ entry, but I
haven't been able to find one.

Richard

On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 9:23 AM, Rory Holland <me at rory.sh> wrote:

> I just got my monthly membership reminder email from mailman, which I
> usually ignore.
>
> What caught my eye today though is my password, sent to me in plain text
> at the bottom of the email.
>
> What a shambles!
>
> Rory Holland <me at rory.sh>
> Contact info & PGP key: http://rory.sh

Redwood Legal
rp at redwoodlegal.co.uk
Office: 02030 956010
Mobile: 07544 822706
138-140 Southwark Street, London, SE1 0SW

This firm is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation
Authority (SRA ID 427552)