[Nottingham] Plain text passwords?

david at gbenet.com david at gbenet.com
Mon Nov 2 00:45:04 UTC 2015

Rory Holland:
> I just got my monthly membership reminder email from mailman, which I
> usually ignore.
>
> What caught my eye today though is my password, sent to me in plain text at
> the bottom of the email.
>
> What a shambles!
>
> Rory Holland <me at rory.sh>
> Contact info & PGP key: http://rory.sh

Rory,

You can always close your eyes when you get to the bottom of the page - if you not want to
see your password. And make sure no one's reading over your shoulder :)

David

--
“See the sanity of the man! No gods, no angels, no demons, no body. Nothing of the
kind.Stern, sane,every brain-cell perfect and complete even at the moment of death. No