[Nottingham] Hash Sum Mismatch

david at gbenet.com david at gbenet.com
Sat Nov 28 06:38:45 UTC 2015

On 26/11/15 23:56, Martin wrote:
> David,
>
> Hope you've managed a successful download by now!
>
> Those varying file sizes and the failed hash really do indicate a failed
> download.
>
> Using the download features of such as Firefox can help where a failed
> or interrupted download can be restarted from where it left off...
> Avoids re-downloading data already loaded.
>

> Good luck!
>
> Enjoy the sunshine even if the internet over there is more like
> old-style dial-up... Time for another chilled beer on the beach? :-)
>

> Cheers,
> Martin
>

> On 23/11/15 01:28, david at gbenet.com wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> For the past couple of weeks I've been trying to upgrade Firefox from all UK and German
>> mirrors - and the one in the Philippines - the size of the Firefox deb file is either 44.2
>> Mb or 44.1 Mb 42.4 MB 41.2 Mb - but all these downloads result in the same error:
>>
>> W: Failed to fetch
>> http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/f/firefox/firefox_42.0+build2-0ubuntu0.15.04.1_i386.deb
>>
>> Hash Sum mismatch - it would be weird if this was only happening to me
>>
>> David

Hi Martin,

I've downloaded and installed 64Mb file - was fine. If I download a Deb of Firefox from the
repositories - it always says I have the latest version - no probs with the download -
though speeds on "Sky Broadband are what I had over 30 years ago. No matter what country I
choose to install from - the result is the same. Oh well.....................

As for Boracay Island 40C really really spotless clean beaches - and thousands of colourful
fish in a warm sea - fantastic! We went for two days - but stayed five!! Like anywhere one
gets rip off crooks - but you can always tell the shady characters! The night life is pretty
good - lots of live bands - March is the real season - but it's good all year round - rained
about 3 times but that's good. Tourists from all over the world - Chinese and Koreans love
it! All the natives spear US English - but that's ok!

We left at 4 am this morning - got home to Makati Manila about 7.45 am - going took 8 hours
trucks over the mountains dirt roads! Crazy!. We are on FB - David Cooper - Shiela Cooper my
Mrs puts up loads of photos videos - so check it out!!

Time for a chilled beer!

David

--
“See the sanity of the man! No gods, no angels, no demons, no body. Nothing of the
kind.Stern, sane,every brain-cell perfect and complete even at the moment of death. No