[Nottingham] [WALK] Saturday 3rd September - Riber & Dethick (with possible sculpture studio tour)

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 16:47:27 UTC 2016

A nice easy one next month following a rough square from Riber near
Matlock, passing over Bilberry Knoll, East to Lea, North through Dethick
until we turn West before Tansley to get back to Riber. Annoyingly I
can't find a decent on-line version but this blog post gives a decent
account of things
http://www.countryimagesmagazine.co.uk/walks/walk-riber-dethick/

The only real rise is Bilberry Knoll so unlike the previous walk(s),
sturdy boots shouldn't be a pre-requisite.

I don't mind trying to arrange a visit to the sculpture studio if there
is enough interest: http://www.wildlifesculptures.co.uk/

We have the choice of food & drink in Lea  about half way round
(http://www.jugandglasslea.com/), detouring into Tansley
(http://www.taverntansley.co.uk/) nearer the end of the walk or even
somewhere inviting afterwards. We stumbled into a cracking place near
the Roches last time.

The is no public transport beyond Matlock to Riber.
Parking might be a bit of a sod in Riber, so I suggest we go in as few
vehicles as possible.

It's only around 50 mins from Notts to the start point. Given our
stomping rate, with a 0900 depature from Notts I would expect us all to
be home around 1400 or so, maybe a bit later if we have the tour. If
folks want to push the whole thing back by an hour or so, totally happy
to discuss that will all attendees.
Kit: Comfy shoes, jacket in the even of rain etc.

Please let me know off-list if you'd like to join, are interested in the
studio tour and if you're a driver or need transport.

What: A walk around Riber & Dethick
Distance: 8km (5 miles)
Ascent/Gradient: Not much
Difficulty: Easy
Time: 2.5 hours
Deadtree: Rambler's "Walks in the Peak District", Walk 20 "Riber &
Dethick", page 93.
ISBN: 978-0-00-746455-5
Link: http://www.countryimagesmagazine.co.uk/walks/walk-riber-dethick/

When: Saturday 3rd September starting walk @ 1000
Meet-up #1: Our place in Beeston to leave no later than 0900
Meet-up #2: Riber Road, Riber DE4 5JU
(http://osm.org/go/eu3of7JL8--?layers=C&m=) @ 0950

--
║ Jason Irwin ║ OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xD0C592B1 ║