[Nottingham] Cups slow problem

John me at johnwhitehead.co.uk
Thu Aug 25 06:51:57 UTC 2016

Hi people,

I print to several thin clients (Linux-based Igels) running lpd from cups. Cups has now suddenly started hanging for 10-15 seconds on each print. Googling suggests cups is sending a SNMP request which these devices don't support. The only solution is to amend the PPD file. However I'm printing pcl using the raw model, so no PPD file. Server is Centos 6 and not been patched recently. Another patched server has the same issue. Any ideas ? Beer at the next social is up for grabs.

John