[Nottingham] Router/iptables/something masking external IP?

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 21:16:32 UTC 2016

I decide to try and get fail2ban running on ownCloud, but I've hit a small
snag. The owncloud OG file looks like this:

"remoteAddr":"192.168.0.1","app":"core","message":"Login failed: 'junk'

Easy enough to spot the login failure, but that IP addy is my router; not
the external IP. Err...what have I gotten wrong? Hsa my ham-fisted attempt
at a firewall and general router config caused it to mask the external IP?

Is there anyway to restore that, or is that just how things work?

J.

Note: This is me and networks, please type slowly and use small words.